Senior Product Development Engineer
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Creative problem-solving expertise
- Deep technical knowledge
- Intense collaboration
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to excellence
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you’ll do:
- Develop elegant products addressing clinical and patient needs focused on high functionality with ease of use through expert application of human factors design principles.
- Provide leadership to cross-functional product development teams during the pre-concept, development, design and documentation for new and improved disposable medical and surgical devices and instruments.
- System level design from concept through manufacturing.
- Provide technical solutions to a wide range of problems of a moderate to high complexity.
- Perform a variety of inspections, tests, and operations to ensure the quality of manufactured products.
- Prepare DOE studies and analysis.
- Write reports and independently analyze results of a moderate to high degree of technical complexity for review.
- Install and maintain laboratory equipment and supplies.
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
Here is some of what you’ll need:
- Advanced product ideation, design and prototyping.
- Proven hands-on mechanical design and development.
- Proven experience with people-centered products designed for mass production.
- Complete knowledge of the product development process, engineering principles, concepts, and application from concept to commercialization.
- Experience coordinating design controls including establishing functional and design requirements, generating risk analysis documentation, performing verification and validation activities and managing the design history file throughout the product development process.
- Expert level SolidWorks user.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Understanding of external standards, design controls, and quality controls.
- Ability to develop and foster vendor relationships.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Good verbal and written communication with all levels of technical and operating management.
Here are a few of our preferred experiences:
- BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering: B.S. Degree with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience or M.S. degree in of 3 years relevant experience.
- Strong medical device development experience.
- Strong drug delivery device experience.
- Knowledge of GMP’s, current FDA Medical Devices legislation and regulations.
- Experience with designing plastic injection molded components for single- use medical devices.
Altaviz develops and manufactures platform technologies and products for the medical device, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and other specialized industries requiring high performance applications. We empower clinicians and surgeons to better care for their patients with highly effective devices and instruments improving efficacy, safety, and work flow efficiency.
We introduce next-generation products, backed by effective, novel, technologies delivering better solutions to the challenges and objectives of enhanced patient care. Our team is rooted in the core competency of medical device design and high volume manufacturing process development fortified by knowledge of market drivers and customer needs.
We partner with top industry leaders and practitioners from product concept through development and into commercialization. Altaviz relies on its in-house proprietary platforms and intellectual property, and in some business cases, will co-develop products based on customer requirements.