Leveraging the elegance of the Picocyl compressed gas cylinder as a power source, the simple, two-step Altaviz Auto-Injector Platform elevates the performance and flexibility in delivering high viscosity biologics in a silent, patient-friendly manner.
This video provides a demonstration of the ease of use and gentle user experience while demonstrating the high performance of the Altaviz Auto-Injector Platform
- Simple two-step, low force activation
- High performance for delivering very high viscosity biologics
- User friendly delivery with near-zero impact start and silent delivery
- Needle stick protection from extending needle guard lockout
WHAT’S HAPPENING IN THE VIDEO, STEP BY STEP
- Placing the needle guard against the surface and inserting the needle
- Auditory click confirms the activation of injection
- Silent delivery of 2 mL of 100 cP silicone oil in 11 seconds
- Retracting and lockout of the needle guard to prevent accidental needle stick
A BIT MORE ABOUT THE ALTAVIZ AUTO-INJECTOR PLATFORM
The Altaviz Auto-Injector Platform was designed to utilize a single form-factor to deliver a broad range of viscosities and volumes by using compressed gas Pico-Cylinders, manufactured by Altaviz’s affiliate company Picocyl for over 6 years, as the energy source. Simple changes in gas pressure can tailor delivery times for all viscosities, including high viscosity biologics through small bore needles. The design accommodates both 1 and 2.25 mL standard prefilled syringes with different fill volumes. This platform flexibility enables one platform to deliver a broad portfolio of therapies with one manufacturing line.
With the robust medical grade Pico-Cylinder at the heart of the system, the Altaviz Auto-Injector Platform:
- Is capable of high reliability over a long shelf life by eliminating the plastic creep and stress relaxation common to spring based auto-injectors
- High performance across temperatures ranging from refrigerators to car dashboards
- Configurable pressure profiles from beginning to end of stroke
For more information on the Altaviz Auto-Injector Platform click here.